About this website and these terms
The State of New South Wales acting through the Australia Day Council of New South Wales within the NSW Department of Premier and Cabinet (NSW Government) owns and operates this website.
Your use of this website is governed by these terms, as they may be changed from time to time by the NSW Government. By using this website, you agree to these terms, which are governed by the laws in force in the State of New South Wales, Australia.
Copyright in this website and in the material which appears on the website (such as computer software, text, photographs and other images and audio files) is either owned by the Crown in the right of the State of New South Wales, or owned by another person and licensed to the NSW Government.
All rights are reserved. However, in keeping with the NSW Government’s commitment to encouraging the availability, dissemination and exchange of information (and subject to the operation of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)), you are welcome to view and reproduce the material which appears on this website (but excluding any content identified as third party copyright material outside this permission) for your personal or non-commercial use, as long as you agree to:
- save or print a single copy only
- reproduce the material accurately and not use it in a misleading context
- not modify the material or create any derivative work without our prior written permission
- not make any charge for providing the material to others without our prior written permission and payment of an agreed copyright fee
- acknowledge the source of the material and retain any applicable copyright and/or disclaimer notices which may be attached to such material.
- For Crown copyright or Crown owned copyright, include the following copyright notice in any copy made: © Copyright Australia Day Council of New South Wales
- acknowledge the creator of the material if this is indicated in the material or on the webpage.
Unless permitted by applicable law, if you wish to reproduce or make any other use of Crown-owned or licensed material on this website (whether for personal or non-commercial use or not), you will need the prior written approval of the ADCNSW.
For example, the following activities are not permitted without our prior written permission:
- Making a copy of, or any other use of, any material on this website for the purposes of a company's operations, its website or any other commercial purpose (whether for profit or not)
- Any use of any material on this website or any other activity which in any way disrupts the availability or continuity of the website
- Reproducing, adapting, aggregating, scraping, framing, inlining, storing in a retrieval system and/or otherwise displaying, transmitting or communicating any of the material on this website on any other website or mobile site or other social networking platform (eg. Twitter, Facebook, iGoogle, LinkedIn, blogs and so on)
- The use of any software applications (such as apps, geotagging or geocoding) with respect to any material on this website
- The placement or publication of any web syndication, web feeds or other feeds on or linked to this website (such as XML or RSS feeds, podcasts and so on)
- The use of any material on this website in conjunction with the trade mark or logo or name of any other person.
To apply for permission, please contact the ADCNSW at the following address:
Australia Day Council of NSW
GPO Box 5341
Sydney NSW 2001
Email enquiries can be directed to the Australia Day Council of NSW Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org
No permission is given to use any material identified as being third party copyright outside this permission. Where required by law to do so, it is your responsibility to obtain copyright permission for use of any such third party copyright material.
Trade marks and names
Nothing in these terms gives you a right to use any of the NSW Government's or anyone else's trade names, trade marks, service marks, logos, domain names or other distinctive brand features, including but not limited to any State arms or symbols and the "Australia Day Council of New South Wales" name and logo, which may appear on this website from time to time, without the specific written permission of the ADCNSW.
You must not remove any copyright notice, trade mark notice, watermark, or any other technological protection measure or electronic rights management information attached to or embodied in any materials on this website.
Website comments and other content posted by you on this website
Where invited to, you may post content on our website. By posting content on our website, you authorise us to include your content on this website, and to reproduce, publish and communicate your content to the public. You also authorise others to view and reproduce your content for government, personal or non-commercial use.
You must not post content on our website that:
- is discriminatory, hateful, violent, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, features nudity or is pornographic, profane or indecent or otherwise unlawful;
- infringes any other person's copyright or other intellectual property rights; or
- advertises or is otherwise designed to sell a product or service or increase traffic to any other website.
The placement or publication of any web syndication, web feeds or other feeds on or linked to or from this website (such as XML or RSS feeds, podcasts and so on) ("Feeds") are not permitted without our prior written permission.
Feeds to or from this site provided or authorised by the Australia Day Council of NSW enable you to receive updates from this site. While care is taken to ensure accuracy, the ADC NSW cannot guarantee that information contained in such feeds is correct, current or complete, and recommends that you exercise your own skill and care with respect to use of feeds.
The Australia Day Council of NSW reserves the right to discontinue or remove any feeds to or from this site at any time and for any reason.
The NSW Government is committed to enhancing the public availability, dissemination and exchange of information. To that end, this website has been established to provide information in relation to Australia Day events and related topics.
This website also provides an entry point to enable you to quickly and easily access NSW Government information on the internet in relation to topics of relevance to New South Wales its residents, visitors and those doing business in New South Wales or Australia.
This website is also intended as an interactive online tool encouraging all Australians to explore and express Australian values.
The site is made available on the basis that the NSW Government does not necessarily agree with, support, sponsor or endorse comments and other content posted by website users on the site. To the extent permitted by law, the NSW Government disclaims any responsibility for any claim, loss, liability or expense caused by or arising in connection with any comment or other content posted by website users on the site.
However, care will be taken to monitor content posted on our site by website users, and content that breaches the terms of this website may be removed as soon as we become aware of the breach.
If you consider any material on the website infringes your copyright, is offensive, upsetting or inappropriate, please let us know via email email@example.com immediately so that we may review the material and assess whether it should be removed.
This website and its content is provided "as is" and "as available". To the extent permitted by applicable law, the Australia Day Council of NSW and the NSW Government:
(a) make no representation as to the accuracy, currency or completeness of the material accessed on and through this site (including the content of feeds and third party material on external linked sites);
(b) accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered (either direct or consequential) as a result of the use of this site, any feeds on this site, or the material accessed on or through this site or the feeds;
(c) do not warrant that the material accessed on or through this site is free of computer viruses or other contamination;
(d) do not warrant that any third party material on external linked sites does not infringe third party intellectual property rights.
The NSW Government cannot guarantee that data transmission and other transactions over the Internet are secure, or that your access to this website will be uninterrupted. Your use of this website is at your sole risk.
Links to other websites
This website has links to other internet sites which contain information collated and presented by government agencies, third-party organisations and individuals.
The linked websites have their own protocols and standards in relation to their sites and the information that appears on those sites. Please familiarise yourself with those protocols and standards as the NSW Government cannot warrant and does not represent that the linked sites are complete, current, reliable and/or free from error. The NSW Government does not accept responsibility or liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense you might incur as a result of the use of or reliance upon the materials which appear at the linked sites.
Bearing in mind the importance of freedom of expression to our democratic society, the NSW Government does not necessarily endorse or support the views, opinions, standards or information expressed at any linked site. Similarly, you should not interpret the absence of a link from this website to any particular third-party site as a criticism or comment by the NSW Government on the provider or content of that site.
The links that appear at this website have been set up as an information source only and with the NSW Government’s desire to promote multiculturalism, tolerance and diversity in our society. Some material that appears on linked sites may cause offence or upset to some visitors. The NSW Government regrets any such offence or upset caused.
Please note that copyright in the materials appearing at websites linked to this website is not necessarily owned by or licensed to the NSW Government. Unless permitted to use materials by applicable law, you must refer to the copyright statement for a linked website before making use of any materials on that website.
Links to this website
Legitimate internet sites have permission to link to this website, provided the following conditions are complied with:
- You must only link to our homepage to ensure that the latest version is always displayed.
- Links must be presented in a way that fairly represents our role and this site. They must not embarrass us.
- The context in which you insert the link must not give your visitors the impression that your site, or your company, is sponsored or endorsed by us.
- You must not tag, link, frame, reformat or alter files, pages, images, information or materials from this website on any other website.
- The context of the link must not suggest that we have created any of your content, ie the source of material must be clear, and acknowledgement of this website clearly provided.
- You must not reproduce any State arms or symbols or any other logos or trade marks appearing on this website without prior written approval.
- You must not retransmit, distribute or commercialise any of the material on this website.
- You must not use this site to sell a product or increase traffic to your site.
We reserve the right to remove any links that breach these terms or are otherwise inappropriate.