Australia Day Harbour Cruise
The spectacle and excitement of our famous harbour on Australia Day - there is really nothing quite like it.
26 January 2017 - Harbour Cruise
If you are in Sydney, the only place to be on Australia Day is on and around the harbour.
The Harbour Cruise is our most informal event on our calendra and easily the most fun. Guests enjoy all the excitement of the Harbour program on board the sensational Sydney Glass Island, which features floor to ceiling glass panels allowing optimum viewing of the energy and excitement taking place.
Guests were treated to refreshing drinks and light canapés as they enjoyed all that the harbour had to offer:
- Ferrython - An annual ferry race that runs between the Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Salute to Australia - The Australian Army, Royal Australian Navy and Royal Australian Air Force pay tribute to our nation with a 21-gun salute, the national anthem, a handling display and the tug and yacht ballet on the water
- Australia Day flyover - Red Berets, Qantas and Russian Roolettes fly over Sydney Harbour.
- Australia Day Harbour Parade - 40 boats decked to the nines party on the water vying for the honour of “best dressed”.
- Australia Day Regatta - Now in its 181st year, this regatta sees over 100 boats race around the harbour.
Our skilful captain made sure we had front row seats to all the action whilst enjoying delicious canapes. On behalf of the Australia Day Council of NSW, we wish to thank our network members and their guests for joining us onboard the Australia Day Harbour cruise, and look forward to seeing you next year.